Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

30 Things - #13

To find out what this is about click here.

13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.

This one makes me feel like I'm at a job interview. Don't you love when they ask you this question? Because really, who wants to talk trash about themselves when trying to impress a potential employer.
You can't say things like "My biggest weakness is that I care too much." 
Really?Thanks for coming in but we're going to hire that guy who told us his weakness was his lunch hour spliff. He might be a stoner but he doesn't try to feed us a line of bullshit.

Okay, so here's mine. Not my job interview weakness...my real live everyday life weaknesses.

1.  Beer.

Not like the guy who sparks up every lunch hour but I really like beer a lot and if someone is having a beer I'm inclined to join them. There's nothing better than sitting on your patio in the sun with a nice cool beer. Yum.


2.  Michael's.

I have small problem with thinking I am the most creatively inclined person out there. The truth is I'm mildly okay at many many things but not really good at any one thing. I get on creativity kicks and will spend a week or two on a new craft until I bore of it and move on to the next thing. Going to Michael's is bad for me because not only do I always have a coupon but there are 45 million different craft ideas there that are screaming at me... "Buy me! You know you could make these for Christmas/birthdays/Hanukkah/Halloween/Tuesday/to sell to raise money for Papa's Pride" So I spend a small fortune, make some things that turn out okay and then go to Michael's again for more inspiration.
It's beyond weakness...I think it's full fledged illness.


3. Homemade chocolate chip cookies.

There is nothing better in the whole wide world. Not even sex. And that's saying something because I really like sex.


4. Reality TV.

I know most of the time it's garbage but even after 12 years of Survivor I love it. And Teen Mom, don't get me started. 19 Kids and Counting....more power to ya lady. Sister Wives, not my bag but I love the relationship they all have. I'd love a Sister Wife who I don't have to share my husband with.

Oh, wait, we call those best friends. Duh.


5. My kids.

I don't mean this in the "I care too much." way but honestly my kids are my weakness. I can't stand to see any of them unhappy. I cave in at the first sign of tears. I am a sucker for a hug or kiss. I'd pass up all the beer, crafts, chocolate chip cookies and reality TV for time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment