Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

30 Things - #10

To find out what this is all about click here

10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.

I was 8 years old and in grade 3. I was not very popular in school at that time and was often teased and picked on. I had a couple of friends but for the most part I was bullied through most of elementary school.

Anyhow, on this particular day I was playing with some friends at recess. Our school yard had a lot of trees and one tree in particular, an apple tree, was a fun place to hang out because the branches were low enough that we could climb it (and jump out quickly if a teacher came around since we weren't allowed to climb the trees)

I don't remember what lead to it but we were all laughing, hard, and I laughed so hard that I peed my pants.

As if the kids in my class didn't have enough to tease me about - well you know where this one is going. I went into the bathroom and splashed my pants, front and back, with water so that it would look like my whole pants were went. I then told everyone that I'd fallen in a puddle. On a completely dry and sunshiny day.

Needless to say, no one bought it, I was humiliated and spent the rest of the day crying.

Thankfully, I transferred schools at the end of that year and that was a major turning point in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment